What started out as a trip planned for me, Arnaud, and my parents turned into a big reunion with Tess. I invited her to come with us but knowing that she was living far away I didn’t think anything would come out of it. But then she surprised me by saying she got tickets to meet up with us in Kuala Lumpur after a trip to Dubai, and we decided to keep the whole thing under wraps. Imagine how surprised my parents were to see her!
We hadn’t been on a family vacation in quite a while so we made the most out of our few days in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Here are a list of the things we did during our three-day KL getaway.
1. Went around Chinatown
2. Entered a Hindu temple, the Sri Mahamariamman Temple
3. Relaxed at the end of a long day in Merdeka square
4. Went up the steps to Batu Caves. You’re better off not doing this if you’re afraid of bats and monkeys. 😅
5. Got a fantastic city view from the KL Tower observation deck
6. Entered the National Mosque
7. Learned more about Islam at the Islamic Arts Museum.
8. Went shopping and foodtripping in Masjid India
9. Saw the intricate kolam- drawings made with rice flour or chalk powder usually done during Deepavali
10. Had lunch at Jalan Alor
11. Enjoyed the pool at our Airbnb and the magnificent KL cityscape at the same time
12. Marveled at the beauty of the Petronas Twin towers